IT’S HERE! The lineup for Alamo Drafthouse and Do512’s annual Austin Sound & Cinema is ready to roll, and we have to admit, it’s pretty dang good. Starting in June, we’ll be showing classic movies every other Wednesday on the Long Center lawn, with live music acts that go hand in hand in with the film. Sound & Cinema is FREE, family-friendly, and a whole lot of fun! Check out 2015’s lineup!
- June 3 -> “Weekend at Bernie’s” with music from Don Chani and a Q&A with Bernie himself, actor Terry Kiser
- June 17 -> RESCHEDULED to August 19 -> “The Sandlot” with music from The Nightowls
- July 1 -> “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” with music from Otis the Destroyer
- July 15 -> “Ghostbusters” with music from LaTasha Lee & the BlackTies
- July 29 -> “The Naked Gun” with music from Hard Proof
- August 12 -> “The Neverending Story” with music from Calliope Musicals
- AUGUST 26 RAIN DATE
- 6 p.m. -> Food Trucks Open
- 7:30 p.m. -> Band Starts
- Movie starts at dark (around 9 p.m.)
WHAT YOU CAN BRING: Folding chairs, blankets, personal coolers (non-alcoholic beverages only), sombreros.
WHAT YOU CAN’T BRING: Alcoholic beverages, drugs, weapons or anything illegal, or ANY pets.
- Garbo’s Lobster Rolls
- Frank Hotdogs
- Yeti Frozen Custard
- Boomerang’s Meat Pies
- The Peached Tortilla
- Whole Foods
- Uncle Louie G’s Italian Ice
HUGE THANKS to our sponsors:
- Do512 Family
- Brown Distributing
- Jameson Irish Whiskey
- Long Center
- Central Texas Honda Dealers
- Deep Eddy Vodka
- Hanover South Lamar
For more information on bands that are performing, our picks for food, pro tips and other FAQs, go to soundandcinema.do512.com. While you’re at it, go ahead and “Like” the Austin Sound & Cinema Facebook page and give them a follow on Twitter.