We’re not sure who’s more excited about the upcoming X Games around here — the parents or kids? But either way, we’re all so ready for X Games to bring tons of thrills and excitement to Circuit of the Americas Thursday, June 4 through Sunday, June 7! There is plenty of awesome action to appeal to kids of all ages, and this year there are some great improvements planned for families, such as more shady areas, more access to hydration stations, a bigger and better Playground, etc. But as parents, we know you’re not just interested in the overview of activities — you want ALL of the details ahead of time so to ensure that you’re able to plan the ultimate experience (and minimize any potential kid meltdowns, etc.). We get it.
We’re giving away a pair of 3-day passes AND 2 limited edition X Games skate decks! Scroll down this page to enter!
Below you’ll find lots of details, including the schedule of events, to help you make the most of your experience.
- What’s New at X Games — Get the overview of cool improvements this year including MORE family-friendly activities and entertainment in the Torchy’s Playground as well as a double-sized Major League Gaming competition.
- Music Lineup & Schedule — Nicki Minaj, Metallica, The Glitch Mob are headlining. But there are 22 bands total playing at X Games. Click here to get the full music schedule.
- Hours & Map: Click here to view a map. The festival village opens at 10 a.m. each day. On Friday and Saturday some villages close at 8 p.m., while some stay open until 10 p.m. (You can see the full list on the map.) On Sunday, everything closes at 6 p.m.
- FAQs — What to pack, what to leave at home, where to park, etc. These are important details! You can bring strollers, blankets, chairs, but no outside food, no pets, & you can’t bring in your own bikes and skateboards. Click here for all the info.
- Tips from Last Year: We know it’s not exactly the same. Things are going to be different this year. But sometimes it’s helpful to read about another mom’s experience and pick up a few good tips. You can click here to read about taking kids to the 2014 X Games.
— Thursday, June 4:
- 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. — Flat-Track Racing Round One/LCQ/Final
- 8 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. — Moto X Step Up Final
- 11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. — BMX Vert Final
- 12:30 p.m. – 2 p.m. — Skateboard Vert Final
- 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. — BMX Park Round One & Final
- 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. — Moto X Enduro X Men’s and Women’s Round One/LCQ/Final
- 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. — Skateboard Big Air Round One
- 9 p.m. – 10 p.m. — Skateboard Big Air Final
— Saturday, June 6:
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. — Skateboard Park Round One & Finals
- 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. — Rally Car Racing Round One/LCQ/Final
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. — Skateboard Street Women’s Round One & Final
- 3:30 p.m. – 5 p.m. — BMX Dirt Round One and Final
- 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m. — Skateboard Street Amateurs Round One & Final
- 7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. — Moto X Speed & Style Qtrs/Semis/Finals
- 8:30 p.m. – 10 p.m. — BMX Big Air Final
Sunday, June 7:
- 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. — Skateboard/BMX Big Air Doubles Final
- 12:30 p.m. – 2 p.m. — Off-Road Truck Racing Round One/LCQ/Final
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. — Skateboard Vert Best Trick Final
- 2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. — Men’s Skateboard Street Round One & Final
- 4 p.m. – 5 p.m. — Moto X Best Whip and QuarterPipe Finals
–> Tickets: Tickets for the event range in price. Here’s the breakdown:
- 3-day General Admission -> $109
- Friday General Admission -> $59
- Saturday General Admission -> $59
- Sunday General Admission -> $59
Kids age 3 and up are required to have a ticket/wristband. There are also VIP tickets for sale as well as all sorts of add-ons and upgrades. More info and links to purchase tickets can be found here.
We’re hooking a lucky reader up with 3-day passes and 2 limited edition X Games skate decks! Enter below. Good luck!