Would your kids love to learn to play the ukulele? Let them spend their summer strumming away after learning the basics at Ukulele Camp with Groundwork Music Project. This one-week camp runs June 6-10 with a morning session for 7-10 year-olds and an afternoon session for 11-14 year-olds. Camp takes place at Promiseland School. Here’s all the details:
- Dates: Monday, June 6 – Friday, June 10
- 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. for kids 7 to 10
- 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. for kids 11 to 14
- 15 students per class
- Daily hour one: ukulele melody learning
- Daily hour two: singing and chord learning
- Final minutes: creative exercises (songwriting)
- June 12 10 a.m. recital with Groundwork Music Orchestra at Cherrywood Coffeehouse
— Cost & Registration: If you sign up for Ukulele Camp before April 15, your total cost is $295. The price increases to $395 on April 15. You can click here to register online. Please note that sliding scale and scholarships are available.
For more information, please visit the Groundwork Music Project website.