When it comes to holiday cheer, we say “bring it on”! The more holiday lights, cups of cocoa, Santa sightings, etc., the merrier. Winter Wonderland at the Circuit debuted last year as Austin’s newest holiday extravaganza, and it’s back with NEW features this year at Circuit of the Americas. Many of last year’s family favorites have returned — including the tunnel of lights, Santa’s workshop, carnival rides, petting zoo and camel rides — but this year offers some really big additions — the Largest Outdoor Ice Skating Rink in Texas and the Chinese Lantern Festival.
Winter Wonderland at the Circuit will is open on Nov. 29 – Dec. 2, Dec. 6-9, and then daily from Dec. 13-30, from 6-11 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays, 6-10 p.m. on Sundays through Thursdays.
We’re really excited that the world famous Chinese Lantern Festival is making a visit to Austin for inclusion in Winter Wonderland at the Circuit. Visitors can see this beautiful display of illuminated hand-crafted sculptures. The lanterns are created using steel frames surrounded by colorful rayon “skins” and illuminated from within by LED lights. The lights are simply stunning, and walking through some of the installations is super cool.
Admission: Tickets are $16, available online here, and children ages 5 and under are free! One thing to know ahead of time is that some of the exciting attractions require an additional fee such as camel rides, carnival rides, and ice skating rentals. Fees for these attractions range from $5 – $15 depending on activity. You can also opt to purchase an all-you-can-ride carnival wristband for $9 when you get your tickets online or for $10 on site.
From the map below, you can see that Winter Wonderland at the Circuit is a huge event! Be sure to wear great walking shoes for getting around comfortably and give yourself plenty of time to cover it all. In addition to all the attractions, you’ll find lots of concessions, hot cocoa stands, and other seasonal beverages like mulled wine or Irish coffee for those 21 & up.
- As noted above, take note of all the extra fees for additional rides & attractions.
- Be ready for lots of walking (layout is stroller-friendly). Your tickets include parking, but if you wish to park closer-in, there’s a $10 fee for an upgraded spot.
- For the little ones in your family, there are traditional height requirements for many of the carnival rides. So you’ll want to check on that at each ride before waiting in line.
- Look over the map before you go to get a good lay of the land — and also so you don’t miss anything in this expansive space.
- There’s plenty of free photo ops that are very cute. Take a stop into the storefront where you can be a human window display, snap a photo with a huge polar bear down by the ice skating rink, or take a classic pic at the Santa Haus.
More Info: Tickets are on sale now online here, or you can purchase yours at the Grand Plaza Box Office. For info about discounted group sales, and for more general info about this holiday event, please visit the Winter Wonderland at the Circuit website.
Giveaway: We have a 4-pack of tickets to give away! Enter below. Good luck!
This giveaway is now closed. Thanks to all who entered!