During the summer break, it’s fun for kids to kick back and enjoy some downtime away from school routines. But summer is also a great time to utilize that brain power for some extra exciting learning experiences. At Summer Spark day camp, kids in grades 1st through 6th are challenged to use their problem solving and collaboration skills. They are engaged in variety of fun open-ended learning activities such as designing a rollercoaster for a golf ball or building a rocket from recycled materials.
At Summer Spark, each week features a different challenge which provides the opportunity to boost those 3Cs – creative problem solving, collaboration, and confidence — by doing things such as experiments, tinkering and constructing.
Schedule & Sessions: Summer Spark is open to all rising 1st – 6th graders. Weekly day camp sessions run from June 12th – August 25th. The day begins at 8:30am and ends at 3:30pm, with a flexible drop-off starting at 8am and extended hours available until 6pm.
- June 12th – June 16th: Car-dboard Mechanics
- June 19th – June 23rd: Structural Integrity
- June 26th – June 30th: Marble Rollercoasters
- July 3rd – July 7th: Stop the Plop
- July 10th – July 14th: Invention Convention
- July 17th – July 21st: Take Flight
- July 24th – July 28th: Medieval Construction
- July 31st – August 4th: Float the Boat
- August 7th – August 11th: Cardboard Arcade
- August 14th – August 18th: Invention Convention
- August 21st – August 25th: Car-dboard Mechanics
Click here for a full description of each week’s challenge.
Location: For June and July, Summer Spark will be located in downtown Austin at Headwaters School on 801 Rio Grande, 78701. In August, Summer Spark will be in West Lake at Acton Academy West on 3423 Bee Cave Road, 78746.
Pricing & Registration: The cost of camp is $350 per week. You can also opt in for the extended hours at an additional $75 per week. There are no registration or cancellation fees. Click here to register online.