On Saturday, May 16, you can take the family to the Elisabet Ney Museum in the historic Hyde Park neighborhood for the 3rd Annual Ney Day. From noon – 5 p.m., you can enjoy free family activities, art and music as you celebrate Elisabet Ney and her legacy of inspiring creativity.
Wondering what to expect at Ney Day?
- Hear live music from Elizabeth McQueen and EMQ, as well as SeVana Marimba, Yes Ma’am Brass Band, Naga Valli, and the Djembabes.
- Enjoy performances from Austin trapeze artist Madi Ward, and hula hoop hero, Hullaba Loola.
- Visit a ton of booths with activities set up by organizations ranging from Girls Rock Camp to Tree Folks. Hands-on activities include clay crafting, book making, science projects, sculpting demos and much, much, more for all ages. And you can count on food trucks, ice cream and more!
- New this year: Enjoy readings and book signings from Austin authors Sarah Bird, Elizabeth McCracken, Elizabeth Crook and Mary Helen Specht. Also, BookWoman will be there to help produce this part of the celebration.
- Plus, witness the unveiling of “DANCE OF THE COSMOS” a new temporary outdoor sculpture by Elisabet Ney Museum featured artist Jennifer Chenoweth.
For the first time, Ney Day is a part of the West Austin Studio Tour. (It’s Special Event Site “K”)
Admission as always is free! For more info, visit the Ney Day Facebook page. You can also learn more about touring the Elisabet Ney Museum by reading about our visit with the kids. If you have questions, you can call 512-458-2255.