Parents, we realize it’s easy to get caught up in the day-to-day grind of playdates, school, diapers, bedtime hissy-fits and all of the other love and sunshine that comes from our cherished littles. It’s easy to feel out of touch.
But, we beg you to Get A Sitter, to go out with your significant other and your friends and see some bands or check out a new restaurant or bar. There is SO MUCH going on in this city, embrace it. In honor of our family over at Do512, here are some events to check out without the kids.
— Check out some bands! Austin is the Live Music Capital of the World, after all. Look who’s playing:
Friday, May 15:
- Leopold and His Fiction @ The Parish, 8 p.m., $12
- Speedy Ortiz @ Red 7, 9 p.m., $12
- Bricks in the Wall: The Sight and Sound of Pink Floyd @ Emo’s, 9 p.m., $15
- …And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead @ Hole in the Wall, 10 p.m., $15 at the door
Saturday, May 16:
- Pachanga Latino Music Fest @ Fiesta Gardens, doors at noon, tickets start at $39
- Rush: R40 Live Tour @ Austin360 Amphitheater, doors at 6:30 p.m., tickets start at $39.50
- Foster the People @ Austin Music Hall, doors at 7:30 p.m., tickets start at $36. 50
- Sweet Crude with Calliope Musicals @ Mohawk Austin, doors at 7 p.m., $7
Have fun out there!