We’re very excited to share the news of another year of Movies in the Park, hosted by the Austin Parks Foundation! Do512 Family is a proud sponsor of these FREE movie nights because we think this is a great way to celebrate Austin living at its best. You can pack a picnic, relax on a blanket, and enjoy a fun night out with the family. For over 10 years, APF and the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema’s Rolling Roadshow have brought movies to neighborhood parks across Austin ensuring Austinites of all backgrounds have access to free outdoor entertainment. As an extra fun element this year, the community weighed in on the film lineup! Take a look below on what everyone voted to watch — and mark your calendars for some fun family movie nights.Here’s the 2019 Movies in the Park lineup:
- E.T. The Extra Terrestrial @ NW District Park — Mar. 29, 8 p.m.
- Zoolander @ Zilker Park (Monkey Tree) — Apr. 12, 8:15 p.m.
- The Road to El Dorado @ Dick Nichols Park — May 3, 8:15 p.m.
- The Little Mermaid @ Dove Springs Park — May 23, 8:30 p.m.
- Clueless @ Palm Park — June 6, 8:45 p.m.
- Angels in the Outfield @ Parque Zaragoza Neighborhood Park — June 20, 8:45 p.m.
- Space Jam @ Martin Middle School Fields — July 11, 8:15 p.m.
- Freaky Friday @ Dottie Jordan Neighborhood Park — Sept. 13, 8 p.m.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire @ Duncan Neighborhood Park — Oct. 17, 7:30 p.m.
There is a rain date set for each film in the case of bad weather, and the best way to keep up with any last-minute changes is to follow Austin Parks Foundation on Facebook and Twitter. (We’ll be sure to let you know on our social media channels, too.)
Dogs, picnics and lawn chairs are welcome. Alcoholic beverages, glass and styrofoam are not permitted. Smoking is also prohibited in the park, per city law. Recycling bins are provided, but please plan to pack out your own trash and keep the parks clean.
To learn more about the Movies in the Park series, you can visit the Austin Parks Foundation website.