Watching 20 colorful hot air balloons take flight is such an amazing site to see! This spring, all are invited to witness such magic at the 7th Annual Balloons Over Horseshoe Bay festival hosted at the Horseshoe Bay Resort Ranch near Marble Falls during Easter weekend, April 19-21. This event gives you access to see a beautiful assortment of hot air balloons (even a balloon glow at night), live music concerts, sky divers, and a festival-like atmosphere with tons of children’s entertainment, good food, arts and crafts, and a whole lot more!
This spectacular event is split up into three days of fun! Friday and Sunday’s schedule includes exclusive special events to those who purchase a VIP Package, which includes hotel stay, Friday night Cowboy Cookout, complimentary wine tastings, access to a Friday night Balloon Glow, an Easter Sunday Brunch, and more awesome perks. If you opt not to stay at the resort, you can purchase general admission tickets for the Saturday events — open to all! Saturday passes are $30 per adult, $5 for kids ages 5-12 and free for kids under age 5.
While the VIP option is surely the best way to get a full experience, Saturday’s festivities are packed with activities for those wishing to make a day-trip. The event will be broken up into two sessions — a morning balloon launch and Easter egg drop and then a late afternoon/evening balloon glow and festival. During midday, the event will be closed, giving you time to explore Lake LBJ and Hill Country attractions.
Schedule of Events, Saturday, April 20:
Morning Session, 6:30 – 10 a.m.:
- 6:30am – Gates Open at Horseshoe Bay Ranch, Highway 71
- 7am – Light breakfast available for purchase (breakfast tacos, coffee, etc.)
- 7:30am – Balloon Ascension Begins at daylight (weather dependent)
- 8am – Rock Climbing Wall and Bungee Trampoline Open
- 8:30 am – Houston Disc Dogs Show
- 9 am – Safari Greg Animal Show
- 9:30am – Helicopter Easter Egg Drop for the Kids | Courtesy of D-Tour Aviation
- 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. – GATES CLOSED (unless you make advance reservations for helicopter rides)
Evening Session, 4 -10 p.m.
- 4pm – Gates Open at the Ranch, Highway 71 entrance
- 4pm – Craft Fair, Games, and Activities begin: Rock Climbing Wall and Bungee Trampoline
- 4pm – Food Concessions, Food Truck, and Bars Open
- 4:15pm – Face Painters, Balloon Artist, and Henna Painter
- 4:15pm – Main Stage | Cody Fisher Magic
- 4:15pm – Houston Disc Dogs Show
- 5pm – Safari Greg Animal Show
- 5:15pm – Powered Parachutes Demonstration
- 5:30pm – Main Stage – Live Music
- 5:45pm – Safari Greg Animal Show
- 6:30pm – Opening Ceremonies
- 6:45pm – Main Stage Live Music by Urban Achievers Brass Band
- 6:45pm – Safari Greg Animal Show (at the conclusion of Sky Divers)
- 8pm – 2019 Balloon Glow Finale
- 8:30pm – Main Stage Live Music by JB and the Moonshine Band
- 10pm – Conclusion
–> More Information:
Please take note that all events are weather (and wind) permitting. Blankets and fold-up chairs are encouraged. And of course, bring your camera! Click here for an FAQ about attending the event. For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit the balloonsoverhsbresort.com.
Please note that the hot air balloon events take place at the Horseshoe Bay Resort Ranch, located 45 minutes west of Austin on Highway 71 West (not at the resort itself). Parking is located directly at the festival site for $15 per car, which includes both morning and evening sessions.
This giveaway has just ended, and our winner is being notified by email. Thanks to all who entered!