Come celebrate Earth Day Tuesday, Apr. 22 from 10 am – 7 pm at Austin Community College (ACC) Riverside Campus at the Greener Choices Earth Day Festival. WIth spring in full bloom, what better way to celebrate than with live music, workshops and children’s activities all for $5 or 2 canned goods? There is an extensive line-up of music, as well as several speakers, workshops and panels in everything from permaculture to biofuels. Enjoy live painting, comedy, and even hula hooping lessons. Where else can you get your hoop on to some great live music while networking with green technology businesses and academics? There is surely something new to learn about making greener choices. Check out the awesome line-up below and don’t let this Earth Day pass without learning how you can be part of protecting and bettering our lovely home, Austin, and the larger world around.
Who will you be grooving to while gabbing about going green? Click here for music samples.
LIVE MUSIC on Austin Energy’s Solar Stage:
• Blunt Force
• Sheer Khan and the Space Case
• Michael Garfield Visionary Art
• Fine Lion
• John Gaar
• Human Fractals
• BOCA ABAJO
• ORBITMANN AND GROUND CONTROL
• Dan Patrevito
• The Better Halves
• Bob Slaughter
• Brandon Keller
• Live Painting by Third Coast Visions Art Collective
• Live Comedy Acts & More Music TBA
While you’re there, don’t miss your chance to win!
• Home Water Filtration System from Aquasana
• $74 Gift Basket from Jack and Adam’s Bicycles
• Handmade jewelry from local artisans
• T-Shirts, Jackets, books, and lots more!
Buy raffle tickets: http://bit.ly/greenerchoicesraffle
GREEN FOOD COURT:
• Cazamance African soul food kitchen
• Farmers market vendors
• Hand’s on learning by SkillPoint Alliance activities
• Children’s hoop lessons by Hygynx
Visit the website for more information: http://www.austinresa.com/
Whether it is the farmer’s market and soul food vendors, the live music or the chance to network with like minded folks, take advantage of this lovely event.
Emily Wardell is a native Texan, a mother of one, and local guru of the what-to-do.