Looking for a place to bring the kids and pick up some cool comics, art, merch, and even view a shadowcast performance of Dr. Horrible? Then get over to STAPLE! on Saturday and Sunday, March 1 and 2, at the Marchesa Hall & Theatre. Now in it’s 10th year, STAPLE! is offering an impressive guest list, awesome vendors (with lots of local artists to support!), live on-site screen-printing, and on Sunday there will be a Kid’s Comics Corner in the Lobby where kids can create their own comics!
The show hours are 11 am – 6 pm on Saturday, Mar. 1, and noon – 6 pm on Sunday, Mar. 2. Tickets are $10 for a one-day pass, or $15 for a two-day pass, available at the door. Children 12 and under are free!
Friday, February 28 8 pm -> Pre-Party Meet and Greet at Austin Books & Comics, 5002 N. Lamar Blvd., Austin TX 78751
Saturday, March 1: Show Hours 11 am – 6 pm, at the Marchesa
- 12 – 1 pm -> Digital Painting Tutorial with J Hause
- 1:30 – 2:30 pm -> Making and Marketing Webcomics Panel with Monica Gallagher, Kennon James, Jeremy the Artist, and Jason Poland
- 3 – 4 pm -> Q&A with Chip Zdarsky
- 4:30 – 5:30 pm -> Dr. Horrible Shadowcast Performance and Sing-a-long with After Midnight
- Off site – 9 pm -> Live Art Show Benefit for KOOP Radio at Shangri-La, 1016 E. 6th St., Austin TX 78702
Sunday, March 2: Show Hours 12 – 6 pm at the Marchesa
All Day: Kid’s Comics Corner with Meghann Rosales in the Lobby
- 1 – 2 pm -> All Ages Comics Panel with Rob Harrell, Paul Benjamin, Andy Hirsch and Jessi Jordan
- 2:30 – 3:30 pm -> Q&A with Francesco Francavilla
- 4 – 5 pm -> Indie Game Design Panel with Stoic Studio, Binary Solo, Matt Udvari, Aaron de Orive, and Robert Garza
All Day Both Days: Mindzai Creative live on-site screen-printing STAPLE! t-shirts in the Lobby!
Ava Love Hanna is a writer, performer, and mother of a super awesome 5-year-old. She loves exploring Austin’s best kid-friendly places with her husband and son. Read about her adventures in writing, parenting, and being obsessed with Doctor Who at avalovehanna.com.