Join us at a very special Thinkery Family Night on Friday, October 26 for the annual Halloween Hootenanny! Dress in your favorite costume for this after-hours party from 6-9 p.m. where parents and kids can explore the Thinkery with lots of special hands-on stations full of holiday-themed activities.
Check out the spooktastic lineup of activities below:
- Spider Climber – What makes a spider a spider? Explore our 8-legged friends in Thinkery’s Climber exhibit.
- Costume Parade – Stomp like a monster, stagger like a zombie. However you move, you’ll have a great time showing off your costumes in a group parade.
- Electrifying Concoctions – Visit the @WINS Women in Natural Sciences laboratory from UT Austin for a hair-raising good time making slime and other cool options.
- Mummy Wrapping – How fast can you turn a friend or family member into a mummy? Use fabric strips and a timer to find out!
- Spooky Tunes – Learn how to play some new Halloween themed songs at Thinkery’s Tube Tunes station!
- The Rotten Truth – Unearth the realities of what happens to pumpkins when they’re left to their own decay.
- Get Bot Bit – Watch as 4546 SnakeByte robotics team from Vandergrift High School demo their latest robot creation and control the bot yourself to see what it can do!
- Zombie Invaders – Explore 6-legged invasive species with Nathan the Insect Guy and the UT Brackenridge Field Laboratory! If fire ants bug you, then to take some time to learn more about where they’re from and how scientists are trying to stem their spread!
- Spooktacular Tunes – Get your bones shaking with Music with Miss Ariel as she plays the Halloween hits and new favorites from her latest album.
- Pumpkin-drumkin – Explore circuitry and watch pumpkins come to life with this special drum set.
- Corridor of Secrets – Crawl through Thinkery’s annual hall of mystery using UV flashlights to search for hidden messages.
- Franken-Toys – Give your favorite plush toy from home (or use one of ours!) a new makeover by dissecting, tinkering and reassembling in Spark Shop.
- The Things That Go Twinkle in the Night – Use your eyes, telescopes and the help of the Astronomy Students Association at UT to seek out interstellar constellations and stars that are out of this world!
–> Tickets: Click here to purchase your tickets online.
- $15 Non-Member Adult
- $13 Member Adult/ Non-member child
- $11 Member Child
- Free: ages 0-23 months
–> Giveaway: We have a family 4-pack of tickets to give to a Do512 Family reader! Enter below. Good luck! Entering the giveaway will add you to the Do512 Family email list, where we let you know about the best family events in Austin each week.
Thanks to all who entered! Congrats Stacey for winning tickets!