This weekend you can talk like a pirate, “Let it Go” at a sing-a-long in the park, check out fireworks at COTA, eat funnel cakes at a county fair-style party, take your pup to a pet festival, celebrate a Day for Kids, watch cars crash and smash in Spicewood, learn all about bats in Round Rock, be a superhero for a great cause, enjoy free admission to over 35 local museums and much much more!
- Enter to win a pair of tickets to The Austin Originals Benefit Concert.
- Enter to win 4 tickets to an IMAX movie at the Bullock Museum.
- Check out the lineup for the upcoming Austin Fan Fest.
Here are our Top 10 Austin Family Events…
– Shiver me timbers, me hearties, it’s Talk Like a Pirate Day! Don’t be forced to walk the plank. Check out our pirate guide for ideas on lingo, books and crafts. And get the details on how to get your free Krispy Kreme donuts as well as one-token games at Pinballz Arcade.
– Check out the special screening of of the sing-a-long version of Frozen. Join the community at 6:30 p.m. at this free event at Pflugerville Recreation Center gymnasium (400 Immanuel Road, Pflugerville)!
– Boys & Girls Clubs of Austin invites all area families to come celebrate a Day for Kids from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Boys & Girls Club’s East Club. This free, fun-filled event encourages families to spend quality time together and will include activities such as a rock wall, petting zoo, inflatables, music, entertainment and more.
– The Volunteer Fire Department in Spicewood, TX is hosting their big annual fundraiser, the Destruction Derby. The gates at the Spicewood Fire Hall will open at 4 p.m. and races will start at 6 p.m. $10 for adults, $5 for kids, $5 cooler fee (BYOB). Learn more about what to expect here. Get ready for some car-smashing excitement!
– Take your pup for a free, fun day out at Pet Fest from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Starmark Behavior Center in Hutto, TX. This festival celebrates pets of all varieties! Animal lovers can gather for tons of family fun including pet costume contests, hayrides, carnival games and inflatables at this event that benefits Austin Pets Alive.
– Head over to Haymaker for the Midwestern County Fair Anniversary Party all day (starting at 11 a.m.) with funnel cakes, corn dogs, a corn on the cob eating contest, drink specials, games, face painting and more! All ages are welcome.
– Celebrate bats at the Round Rock Bat Fest with crafts, games, activities, music and learning opportunities from noon – 3 p.m. at the Brushy Creek Community Center. Admission is free but please bring canned goods to donate to the Round Rock Serving Center.
– It’s Austin Museum Day! Not only are more than 35 local cultural institutions offering free admission on this day, there’s also tons of special activities for you and the kids to enjoy. Before you pack up the kids and head to your favorite go-to spot, check our our Top Picks for Austin Museum Day.
– Be a superhero for children who’ve been abused or neglected. Participate in the 5K and Kids 1K CASA Superhero Run at the Cedar Park Center with a superhero costume contest, bounce house, special superhero guest appearances and lots of fun family activities! Registration is $50 for adults and $25 for kids, which you can do here. If you cannot make it to the event but would still love to help, please donate here.
Have a fun weekend!