Easter! Three-day weekend! Huzzah!! Find eggs, watch a movie, eat amazing food, see fabulous children’s plays and a lot more this weekend!
Other useful info:
- Easter Events in Austin
- SUMMER CAMPS: Let them hone their comedic skills at an Improv Summer Camp, or perfect their acting skills at a ZACH Theatre Camp
- Take a Hike at Mayfield Park and Preserve or let the pups play at Red Bud Isle
Here are our top 10 Austin family events for the weekend, have fun…
– See a free movie and relax on the lake at Ski Shores Cafe for their Family Movie Night. They’ll be screening Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs around 7:30 pm. Read our Ski Shores Cafe review and see why it’s such an awesome spot to hang with the fam.
– Get your Good Friday started off right at the Good Friday Fish Fry at Haymaker from 4 – 8 pm. Bring your pup and relax with beer battered cod fish and cole slaw. Families can sit outside and play cornhole or let the kids give shuffleboard a try.
– Balloons over Horseshoe Bay at Horseshoe Bay Resort will have hot air balloon ascensions, antique airplanes and cars, live music, helicopter rides and a balloon glow! The fest will be from 6 am – 10 pm, tickets are $20, kids 12 and under are FREE! You can purchase tickets online or at the gate.
– The Easter Egg Hunt at Quest ATX, Austin’s first and only cable wakepark, features an egg hunt, free hot dogs, kite flying and more, from 11 am – 1 pm. The cable park will open to everyone at 1 pm. Click here for more info on Quest ATX.
– The Stories of Frog and Toad continues at Scottish Rite Theater with showtimes at 11 am and 1 pm. Tickets are $6 – $9 and you can purchase them here or at the box office. Read our review and see why it’s a hit with families!
– The Spring Festival at in.gredients will have an interactive photo booth thanks to The Quick Draw Photo Booth, face painting, arts and crafts tables, pin-the-tail on the bunny, a harp performance, a garden sing along and samples from Sweet Ritual, Third Coast Coffee Roasting company and Bona Dea. Free, from 1 – 5 pm.
– The Duchman Family Winery will host a 3-course Family-Style Easter Brunch from 11 am – 1 pm, complete with live music from The Rankin Twins. Drink award-winning Duchman wine and $3 mimosas! Reservations are required by emailing email@example.com, cost is $25 per person, children under 10 are half-price.