We cannot think of a better way to immerse oneself in the Austin culture, if only for a day, than at Hippie Vegan Bull$#!* 2013. On Saturday, May 25 from noon – 7 pm, Empire Auto Garage transforms into all that is quintessentially Austin. How many ways is HVBS an offering of all that makes Austin weird? Let me count the ways:
- It’s In a garage
- It’s free
- Beer and kid-friendly
- There’ll be a bike and skateboard valet
- Vegan vendors
- Food Trucks (by Roaming Hunger)
- Group Finger Painting Wall
- Outside Yoga (by Wanderlust with live music by Jeff Liffman)
- Drum Circle (by Xandali)
- Hackeysack and frisbee
- Slacklining! How Austin is that?! Slacklining demos (by Keep Austin Slacklining).
- Hang suite replete with bean bag seating and DJ (DJ Edica)
- Open-Mic, On-stage Jam Session
- And there are sure to be more than a few Austin Hipster sightings.
Folks, it doesn’t get more Austin than this. Grab your kids, leash up the dog and head over the the Empire Auto Garage this Saturday for some good, pure Austin good times.
Quel is a marketing research professional, turned stay-at-home mom, turned temporary homeschooler and all around crafty broad. She has blogged about her adventures in Austin since moving here in 2005 and loves exploring Austin fun with her 5-year-old son. Find her at http://www.homegirlblog.com.