It’s time for Austin’s annual Free Day of Yoga on Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 1 with events all around town, all day long. Participating studios across the Austin area will offer free classes for people of every age and fitness level.
Austin’s Free Day of Yoga has been happening since 1999 to encourage the community to:
- Try yoga for the first time
- Experience a new style of yoga
- Visit a new studio or take a class from a new instructor
- Share yoga with friends and family
You can view the full schedule online, but we also scanned through the whole big list to find the all of the family-friendly offerings to share with you. Here you go…
- Fresh Air Detox, Barton Springs -> 8:30 a.m.
- Yoga on the Lake: Chakra, Hostelling International -> 9 a.m.
- Family/Child Yoga Clases, Little Yoga House -> all day
- Leila: Divine Play – Anusara, Umlauf Sculpture Garden ->10 a.m.
- Prenatal, Yoga Yoga Northwest -> 10:30 a.m.
- Yoga and Meditation Basics, Shirley McPhail School of Dance -> 10:30 a.m.
- Leila: Postnatal, Yoga Yoga Westgate -> 10:30 a.m.
- Children’s Yoga (ages 5-8), Yoga Yoga Northwest -> 10:30 a.m.
- Flow with Baby, Austin Kula Yoga -> 10:30 a.m.
- Yoga for Everybody – Classic Hatha, Austin Bellydance Studio -> 11 a.m.
- Yoga for Kids (ages 4-12), Austin Bellydance Studio -> 1:30 a.m.
- Prenatal, Yoga Yoga Northwest -> 6 p.m.
- Prenatal, Yoga Yoga Westgate -> 6 p.m.