Sometimes going camping sounds like such a great idea until you actually think about all of the planning involved. Where to go? Will you need to reserve a spot? Will you have to travel far to the campsite? It it too much of a chore? Well, the The City of Round Rock’s Parks & Rec Department invites you to an easy peasy camping experience in the convenient location of Old Settler’s Park. Gather your family and friends for the Outdoor Family Campout on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 26 and 27, beginning at 4 p.m.
Get out and enjoy some family fun time! The Outdoor Family Campout can help provide basic skills necessary for an enjoyable and successful outdoor experience. Activities at this event include “Leave No Trace” tent maze sponsored by REI, family games, hayrides, a tent decorating contest, a campfire with smores, a movie in the park and more!
Friday, Sept. 27:
- 4 – 6:30 p.m. — Check-in
- 4:30 – 8:30 — Activities
- 6 – 7:30 p.m. — Hot Dog & hamburger dinner
- 8 – 9 p.m — campfire s’mores
- 9 – 11 p.m. — Movie in the park
- 11:00 p.m. — Goodnight
Saturday, Sept. 28
- 7:30 – 9 a.m. — Pancake breakfast
- 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. — Celebrate National Hunting & Fishing Day in the park
Registration for the campout is required for each person attending, which you can do online here. (Children ages 2 and under are free and do not need to register.) Registration fee is $10 for Round Rock residents and $15 for non-residents and includes:
- two meals (hamburger/hot dog dinner on Friday and pancake breakfast on Saturday)
- instructional how-to sessions
- use of demonstration equipment
- a t-shirt for each paid participant
For more information and details of what to bring, click here.