Let’s go on a bug hunt by flashlight! Curious kiddos of all ages can see what’s crawling through the dirt at dusk if you take your little explorers to the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center on Friday, October 7 for Bug Night Out from 6-9 p.m. There will be mercury light stations to attract some of the coolest critters, and you’re all invited to bring your own flashlights for exploring, too.
There is no special registration or extra fees to attend this event. Regular admission will be charged: $10 for adults, $8 for seniors and children 13 and up, $4 for children ages 5-12, and free for children ages 4 and younger as well as members.Bug Night Out Schedule:
- 6 – 7:30 p.m. – Bug Net Sweeping
- 6 – 7:30 p.m. – Creek Critter Dipping
- 6:15 p.m. – Tips & Tricks for Cellphone Photography (BioBlitz!)
- 6:15 & 7:15 p.m. – Insect Hunts
- 7 – 9 p.m. – Mercury Light Stations
- 7:15 – 9 p.m. – Show & Tell Photos (Learn + Share!)
For more information, you can visit the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center website.