Add a little magic to your children’s summer plans! You can enroll them in a two-week session of day camp at Fantastic Magic Camp where they’ll learn tricks, juggling, jokes, puppetry and more. Kids ages 5-12 can enjoy this special time where they’ll make new friends, learn new skills and build confidence as they engage in fun hands-on activities.
Fantastic Magic Camp is offering a special 10% discount for Do512 Family readers! Simply enter the discount code Do512Family17 when you register online. Also take note that they always offer sibling and multiple session discounts, as well.
— Camp Sessions: Camps are offered from June 5 – August 18 in the Crestview neighborhood of North Austin. The first session is offered as 1-week for $295 and the rest of the summer sessions are 2-weeks for $590. Camp sessions run 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. with an optional Magic Camp Rehearsal Time from 3-6 p.m. for $75 per week.
— A day of Fantastic Magic Camp at-a-glance:
Our Do512 Family staff has been sending our own kids to Fantastic Magic Camp for many years, and it’s one that our kids look forward to every year. Here’s a glance at what campers do each day:
- Each day of camp starts with an assembly at 9 a.m. featuring skits, stories, or games.
- Next kids enjoy a juggling class where they learn balancing and plate spinning and how to juggle everything from scarves and balls to boxes and rings.
- Juggling is followed by snack time (with snacks brought from home).
- Campers are then divided by age and experience and they head off to either a magic class or a puppet class.
- Next is lunch time where there is also a group game.
- After lunch, campers are treated to an exciting performance by a professional variety entertainer. Some of the best magicians, jugglers and ventriloquists in Texas perform for the campers. (These shows are open to the public and friends and families are encouraged to join.)
- Pick-up time is 3 p.m., but there is also an optional “Rehearsal Time” from 3-6 p.m (for an additional fee) where campers can practice what they have learned that day with assistance and supervision from counselors and staff.