If you have a teenager who is interested in music and/or the music biz, RSVP them for The Spotify Studio Unofficial Workshop happening at the Spotify House Saturday, Mar. 8 from 11 am – 2 pm. Ages 13 – 18 are invited to learn to DJ, hone songwriting skills, design a logo for their band and hear about careers in the music industry.
These workshops are designed to spark creativity and build community through music. Spotify has teamed up with organizations like Girls Rock Camp, Anthropos Arts, the newly launched Pacemaker app and ReRoute Music to give their big “thank you” to Austin. Teens will get a first look at the Spotify House and workshops will inspire them to keep their music-filled hearts singing.
- DJ Manny Dojo and Pacemaker will host the DJ School
- ReRoute Music will teach Intro to Songwriting
- Girls Rock Camp and Spotify will teach Logo Design and Music Marketing
Workshops conclude with a music industry career panel full of industry insiders who will discuss the biz beyond just perfomrning.
The panel includes:
- Maureen Traynor, branded experience at Spotify
- Brooke Wirth, talent buyer at C3
- David McDonough, manager at C3
- Amy Cook, Austin singer/songwriter
- Brian Schopfel, business development at Uprising Creative
- Chris Johns, business director at FRUKT
- Jack McFadden, talent buyer at Austin City Limits Live
- Katie Friel, managing editor of CultureMap Austin.
It’s totally free, just RSVP here! It’s going to be an exciting day for teenagers, we’re pretty jealous that we’re not 15 anymore.