Fall is beautiful in Austin. It’s also a great time of year to go outdoors and capture moments of joy with the kids. Wondering where to take some family photos? Christina, the expert behind the lens at Hatched Photography, gave us some advice about finding the most picture-perfect settings for a photo shoot. Check out her terrific ideas below!
Best Places for Family Photos in Austin, presented by Hatched Photography:
(Click each link below for street address)
–> Park Settings:
- Brushy Creek Park — This 90-acre park in Cedar Park includes a pretty lake and plenty of trails for a natural setting.
- Laguna Gloria* — With the Driscoll Villa, beautiful grounds, sculptures and views of Lake Austin, Laguna Gloria is a gorgeous location.
- Mayfield Park* — You’ll find peacocks, small ponds full of lily pads and flowering gardens at this popular Austin park.
- 360 Bridge — The Pennybacker Bridge is a classic Austin landmark that can also serve as a beautiful backdrop to your family photo.
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center* — With gardens and sweeping meadows, this is a beautiful landscape for fall photos.
- Commons Ford Ranch — This city park on Lake Austin offers plenty of scenic waterside views for a pretty photo.
- Old Settlers Park — This park is a gem in Round Rock. Plenty of space to run and play and snap some amazing action shots of the kids.
- Mueller Lake Park — This East Central park is situated next to the Thinkery and includes a pretty pond full of ducks and a water feature.
- Barton Springs Pool & Zilker Park — “Austin’s most-loved park” offers so many various settings within it’s 351-acres including Barton Springs Pool, the Zilker Botanical Gardens, and the Austin Nature & Science Center.
- Bull Creek District Park — You can’t go wrong with the beautiful trails and water views at Bull Creek.
- Texas State Capitol — The Capitol building is one of the nation’s most distinguished state capitols and certainly perfect for your background. The grassy, shaded grounds of the Capitol are great for kids to run and play.
- Walnut Creek Metro Park — This North Austin park offers many meandering trails.
- Onion Creek Park — Located in Southeast Austin, this park has a small playscape and gorgeous, shady hiking trails.
- Arboretum at Great Hills — Known for it’s shopping, it also offers an outdoor atmosphere of nature’s landscape, flowing runnel, soothing fountain and picnic area.
- Lake Pflugerville — Northeast of Austin, the area around this 180-acre reservoir includes a 3-mile trail, playground, boat launch, and beach area.
- Mills Pond — This is a little hidden gem in the Wells Branch subdivision. You’ll find trails, a fishing pier and floating boat dock.
- South Congress Ave. — The I love You So Much sign is located at 1300 S. Congress, but there are plenty of other great spots in the iconic SoCo area to get some great shots.
- 2nd Street District — Great city photos can be taken in the heart of downtown.
- Long Center & Butler Park — You can’t beat the city skyline view from the terrace of the Long Center.
- Austin Graffiti Wall — HOPE Outdoor Gallery provides a colorful, ever-changing landscape of graffiti art.
- Boardwalk Trail on Lady Bird Lake — Here you’ll find gorgeous lakeside views of downtown.
–> Hatched Photography Now Booking Fall Photos Sessions:
Right now, you can schedule a session for October or November. You can choose from Mini Sessions (30 min.) and Full Family Sessions (1 hr.). Please click here to get all of the details about booking a photo session. To learn more about Hatched Photography, be sure to visit the website and Facebook page.
–> Giveaway! Enter to win a Mini Session (valued at $300) with Hatched Photography. This is a 30 minute photography session with your immediate family, taken in an outdoor location and includes 15 digital images. Good luck! Entering the giveaway will add you to the Do512 Family email list, where we let you know about the best family events in Austin each week.
This giveaway is now closed and our winner has been notified. Thanks to all who entered!