We love visiting the rescue animals at the Austin Zoo and Animal Sanctuary, but did you know that you can also enjoy daily activities such zookeeper’s training demos? You can also check out story times and hands-on sessions where kids are invited to make enrichment toys for the animals.
Activities at the Austin Zoo:
Watch zookeepers demonstrate different training and enrichment techniques. Daily!
- 11 a.m.: Black Bear Cub Keeper Talk
- 11:30 a.m.: Primate Keeper Talk
- 12:30 p.m.: Tortoise Keeper Talk (weather permitting)
- 2:30 p.m. on Tuesdays & Saturdays: Alligator Keeper Talk
Join the education specialist for Story Time or for hands-on activities where kids can create enrichment toys for Austin Zoo’s animals.
- Mondays at 1:15 p.m.: Creating enrichment toys in the Picnic Grove.
- Tuesdays at 11:15 a.m. & 1:15 p.m.: Story Time in the Primate Pavilion.
- Wednesdays at 11:45 a.m.: Creating enrichment toys in the Picnic Grove.
- Thursdays at 11:15 a.m. & 1:15 p.m.: Story Time in the Primate Pavilion.
Also take note of a special upcoming arts & crafts event on Saturday, July 4 from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. for all ages.
All of the activities listed above are free with zoo admission.
–> Zoo Admission & Hours: The Austin Zoo is open from 9:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Ages 13 and up -> $9
- Student, Military w/ ID, & Senior 60+ -> $8
- Child 2 – 12 -> $6
- Members and infants less than 2 years -> Free
For more info, please visit the Austin Zoo website.