Ballet Austin will be celebrating all day at their Butler Community School. They will offer drop-in dance and fitness classes from 9:30 am until 4 pm and you must sign up to participate.
- 9:30 am – 10:15 am -> Zumba Dance Fitness
- 10 am – 11 am -> Ballet Fit Workout
- 10:15 – 11 am -> Brazilian Dance
- 10:30 am – 12 pm -> Intermediate Modern
- 11 am – 12 pm -> So You Think You Can Dance “Everybody Dance” choreography
- 11 am – 12:30 pm -> Intermediate/Advanced Ballet
- 12 pm – 1 pm -> Elementary Hip Hop
- 12:30 pm – 2 pm -> Beginning Ballet
- 1:15 pm – 2:45 pm -> Videodance Michael Jackson! Michael Jackson the Immortal World tour by Cirque du Soleil
- 2:45 pm – 4 pm -> So You Think You Can Dance *ADVANCED* choreography
The cost is a $10 tax-deductible donation per class or $28 to Dance All Day. Classes are open to dance enthusiasts ages 10 and up. Ballet Austin provides over $230,000 in scholarships to over 150 dance students each year, so your participation directly contributes to supporting arts in Austin.
National Dance Day was created in 2010 by So You Think You Can Dance producer, Nigel Lythgoe, and takes place in the United States annually on the last Saturday in July. It was founded and officially recognized in 2010 when American congresswoman, Eleanor Holmes Norton, introduced a National Dance Day resolution to promote dance education and physical fitness.
Be a part of National Dance Day’s Austin dance community by joining the event on Facebook through
facebook.com/BalletAustinBCS or tweet about it using the hashtag #nationaldanceday and tag @BalletAustinBCS.