Finding the right school for you child can be a daunting task. But if you’re seeking alternative education options, you are in luck that Austin has some wonderful offerings, including Integrity Academy at Casa de Luz, a year-round, private school for ages 3-18. Casa de Luz is well-known for its restaurant and community center that regularly holds classes and sessions in yoga, tai chi, neural retraining, authentic relating and much more. Now, Casa de Luz provides Austin families with an amazing school, as well.
Schedule: Integrity Academy is a year-round school for children ages 3-18 with six 7-week units, with 1 – 2-week breaks between them. School is held from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Monday – Thursday, with no school on Friday. (There are optional before-school hours from 7 – 9 a.m., after-school hours from 3 – 6 p.m. and Friday camp from 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. for parents who need that extra support.) During non-traditional breaks, camps will be offered as well. This schedule is intended to allow the freedom of travel and to avoid the “Summer Brain Drain”, as well as alleviate the expense of summer camps.
Teachers, class size & grouping: For each group of 20 students, there are two teachers and one intern. Teachers will work on lesson plans together and will be available for mentoring during class. To learn more about the teachers at Integrity Academy, you can read all about them here.
Children will be in a Stage as opposed to a grade:
- Emerging Stage – ages 3, 4, 5
- Beginning Stage – ages 5, 6, 7
- Expanding – Bridging Stages – ages 7, 8, 9
- Fluent Stage – ages 9, 10, 11
- Proficient Stage – ages 11, 12, 13
- Connecting Stage – ages 13, 14, 15
- Independent Stage – ages 15, 16, 17
Children will move between stages when they have coursed through the material and when they demonstrate movement from proficiency to mastery.
What is offered at Integrity Academy?
- Project-based instruction provided by professional educators
- Content area instruction (Language Arts, Math, Social Studies and Science)
- Natural Learning Relationships™ approach
- Socio Emotional development focus through workshops, role playing, leadership activities, interaction with nature, entrepreneurialism
- Martial Arts, Dramatic Arts, Graphic Arts, Musical Arts, Yogic Arts, Culinary Arts, and Second Language Arts
- 100% organic, whole-food, plant-based diet (lunch is included)