If you are looking for a fun Springtime day trip to take with the kiddos, venture out to Sweet Berry Farm in Marble Falls. Home to a very popular “Harvest of Fall Fun” festival from late September through early November, the smaller crowd and gorgeous weather during the Spring Harvest makes the farm a perfect activity for the whole family.
Located roughly an hour outside of Austin, this working farm is a great way to spend an afternoon and enjoy the weather before it gets too hot! From March through June, visitors to the farm can pick their own strawberries, blackberries, potatoes, tomatoes, peaches and onions. Be sure to check their website’s Fresh News section to see what is ripe before heading out that way.
In addition to picking your own fruit, you can feed goats, pet the horses and donkey, and jump on a huge inflatable balloon called the Berry Bounce. From Thursday- Sunday you can catch a ride on the Sweet Berry Express Barrel Train. Also, depending on the day, you might be able to get your face painted or make some sand art!
There are tons of picnic tables, so bring your lunch and plan to enjoy some of the farm’s homemade ice cream and popsicles.
- There is no admission fee and parking is free.
- Picking boxes are 50 cents each
- Strawberries are $2.85 per pound
- Blackberries are $3.25 a pound
- Potatoes are $1 per pound
- The price for the potatoes, peaches and tomatoes depends on the crop
- Berry Bounce is $2.50 for 8 – 10 minutes of jumping
- Barrel Train ride is $3.50
- Sand art is $3
- Face painting ranges from $5 – $10
- Goat feed is 25 cents a cup
- There is no parking charge or entrance fee
Things to know before you go:
- Farm is closed on Wednesdays
- Open Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri from 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and Sundays from 1- 5 p.m.
- Cash or checks only (there is an ATM on site)
- No pets
- For the best berries, arrive early!
Have fun and be on the lookout for this adorable goat who wears his heart on his, well, head!
Blog post by Ellie Falcao