If you’re looking for a place to splash the day away within a really short drive from Central Austin, you can take a trip out to Volente Beach Water Park on Lake Travis. This water park is small, making it extremely manageable with the kids. You’ll find a cute pirate ship play area for young children, a handful of water slides, an obstacle to cross in the pool, volleyball court, plenty of picnic space and a restaurant.
We were among only a few other families at the water park, so it really felt like a private little retreat. Our kids were happy to swim in the pool and go on the water slides (with no waiting) again and again.
– The Pirate Ship is a themed play area where children under 42 inches can roam and explore within a fenced area.
– Gator’s Crossing offers a little challenge where children can leap from one float to the next, with a rope to hold onto.
- Flash Flood & Roadrunner: for 42” or taller
- Sidewinder: for 42” or taller — Two riders required on each tube with 100 lb combined minimum weight.
- Texas Twister: for 48” or taller — Must weigh 100 lbs.
There is also a sandy area where kids can play (bring your own sand toys), and there is a small roped area of the lake that you can swim in. Beachside Billy’s offers lunch and dinner.
Hours & Admission: Visit the Volente Beach Water Park website for all of the up-to-date info for the season and for details about any special admission discounts.