If you’re looking for a place to splash the day away within a really short drive from Central Austin, you can take a trip out to Shore Club Volente Beach Water Park on Lake Travis. This water park is small, making it extremely manageable with the kids. You’ll find a cute pirate ship play area for young children, a handful of water slides, an obstacle to cross in the pool, volleyball court, plenty of picnic space and a restaurant.
We were among only a few other families at the water park, so it really felt like a private little retreat. Our kids were happy to swim in the pool and go on the water slides (with no waiting) again and again.
– The Pirate Ship is a themed play area where children under 42 inches can roam and explore within a fenced area.
– Gator’s Crossing offers a little challenge where children can leap from one float to the next, with a rope to hold onto.
- Flash Flood & Roadrunner: for 42” or taller
- Sidewinder: for 42” or taller — Two riders required on each tube with 100 lb combined minimum weight.
- Texas Twister: for 48” or taller — Must weigh 100 lbs.
There is also a sandy area where kids can play (bring your own sand toys), and there is a small roped area of the lake that you can swim in. The Shore Club Restaurant offers lunch and dinner (click here for menu), but take note that you are able to bring food and beverages in your own cooler, as long as you don’t have glass or alcohol.
- Wednesday 12 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Thursday 12 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Friday 12 p.m. – 12 a.m.
- Saturday 12 p.m. – 12 a.m.
- Sunday 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Admission: Single day tickets for anyone over 42 inches is $22.73. For children 42 inches & under, single day tickets are $17.31. Kids 2 years old & under are free. Admission is Buy One, Get One Free for adult tickets on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Click here for more pricing options, including season passes and special adult-only nights that feature live music.
Visit the Volente Beach Water Park website for more details.
–> Giveaway! We have 2 pairs of tickets to give away. Enter below for the chance to win 1 pair. Good luck! Entering the giveaway will add you to the Do512 Family email list, where we let you know about the best Austin family events each week.