If you’ve ever stopped into the TOMS Austin store on South Congress, you know that it’s much more than a shoe store. It’s part coffee shop, part social hub with movie nights, craft meet-ups, etc. During Spring Break & SXSW, TOMS Austin is opening its doors to you and the kids for One x One, a series of parties, craft sessions, concerts and more from Tuesday, March 15 through Saturday, March 19. Each day from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., you can bring the whole family for activities geared towards kids. From 5-8 p.m., enjoy live music for all ages. All of this entertainment is FREE with RSVP!
Tuesday, March 15:
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. — Drop-in to TOMS and check out all the ways you can repurpose vinyl records. Make it into a clock, a bowl, magazine rack – even a cake stand. Crafted by the Conscious City Guide, you can participate and make your own or try snatch up a vinyl creation made by one of Austin’s very own DIY craft studio, CRAFT.
- 5-8 p.m. — Live music from Tedo Stone, Mail the Horse, The Young Wild & Madame Gandhi, presented by GlobalFest
Wednesday, March 16:
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. — Mike and his friends in the DrumZone will provide fun interactive musical activities that involve drumming and moving! Play some rhythm games, have lots of fun playing all kinds of percussion instruments, moving with fun props, and parents and kids will all get to jam together to make high energy musical fun!
- 5-8 p.m. — Music from Paul Bergmann, Jade Jackson, Jake McMullen and Locos Por Juana
Thursday, March 17:
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. — (Please note, this is geared towards ages 12 & up) Hip Hop and Poetry Saved My Life is a performance workshop using Hip Hop as a medium of communication. Throughout the workshop we they discuss the power of Hip Hop and all it’s elements. Participants will get a chance to build on thier public speaking skills through freestyle and musical timing through DJing
- 5-8 p.m. — Music from Decora, Thaddeus Anna Greene, Jovi Rockwell and the Relatives
Friday, March 18:
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. — Kids in a New Groove (KING) mission is to provide Central Texas children living in foster care with a committed one-on-one mentoring relationship through private music instruction, giving students the ability to build concrete strategies for life-long success. Come for a special performance from the youth in the program. Kupira Marimba’s joyful music is perfect for the whole family. Interweaving cultural learning about Zimbabwe with high-energy African marimba music, Kupira inspires audiences to get up and move their bodies.
- 5-8 p.m. — Music from Ron Gallo, The Dead Ships and Bombino, presented by GlobalFest
Saturday, March 19:
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. — Stop in for a yoga session for kids hosted by The Little Yoga House. There will be kids yoga mats provided by Magic Carpet Yoga Mats but feel free to BYO! Please note that the 10:15 a.m. class is for ages 2-3, and the 11:15 a.m. class is for ages 4-10.
- 5-8 p.m. — Music from Moving Panoramas, Monogem, Phebe Starr & Irie Love
–> Admission: All of these events are FREE with RSVP. (One RSVP per family is fine.) Click here to view the full line-up and then click the yellow RSVP button for the date you wish to attend. The events are all ages, but all children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Sounds like so much fun each day! We’ll see you there!